Sunday, April 23, 2006

Paradise Found

Ever have one of those mornings when you don't want to get out of bed? You know the ones. A morning when all around you frustrates you or somehow makes you feel like wallowing in your self–pity all day long. Well I've had them too….but not today. Today, my wife looks more beautiful than she's ever looked. The weather is as perfect of a morning as anyone could special order. The bird's songs seem beautiful to my ears. Even the simplistic taste of coffee seems more pleasant than usual. And most precious of all, God's presence is here - all around me.

As I read this morning, I'm reminded that my life is but a breath, a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Oh to live every moment of my life with this mindset. Lord, thank You for life. Eternal life that begins even here and now. For You alone are worth my complete attention and adoration. You and You alone are my reason to rejoice and experience true joy. You've taken this man that knew nothing other than how to gratify his sinful nature and transformed him into a man after Your very heart, filled with peace and freedom.


Today is Your day. You created it. Every second of this entire day is laid out before You. You are the beginning, You have no end – and I will live with You forever in Paradise.

No comments: