Thursday, March 05, 2009

Today



Today I don't care if....

Global warming is real or not.
A comet almost hit earth the other day.
The economy is horrible.
Obama's plans are scary.

NASA spent $280M on a satellite that never even made it out of the atmosphere.
Prop 8 supporters are angry.
The "octomom" is legit or not.
Celebrities are walking red carpets.
Pro baseball players make more money annually than many entire towns.
Barbie turns 50.

Today I will...

Be consumed with things above.
Set my gaze upon the throne of my Father.
Study His Word and learn who I am in Him.
Renew my mind and be transformed.
Walk according to the Spirit and not according to my flesh.
Speak words of life and victory.
Be an overcomer.
Boldy approach the throne of God as an Ambassador for Christ.
Expect miracles, signs and wonders... for His glory, not mine.
Make known the awesome greatness of God.

Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. Colossians 3:2


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great reminder Joel. The world is daily fighting for our attention and we must remain constantly aware.

Anonymous said...

Man oh man do I wish everybody I know had this mentality (fantasyland I know). Even most Christians seem to be consumed with worldy things. The average church is even neck deep in it and don't seem to even notice. Only the Lord can help us come out of this world and rise above our circumstances. This is all passing away, we must be following after eternal things.

Andrew said...

I completely agree with you Joel, it's really scary to see what's really going on but at the same time it's crazy to think that I care so much when I have someone greater than all this garbage going on. it's refreshing to be reminded (sad that we need to be reminded)that GOD is in control no matter what goes on and we need to live that way

Anonymous said...

I think you are all being extremely narrow minded.

Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it.
Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

I think I also will travel the narrow way along with the other few.

Joel Spencer said...

Response to everyone: Keep our eyes on the prize, our gaze on the Father.

Well said, Frank.

Anonymous said...

I think this is great. I have linked to this post on my blog as I have written my own version, (an aussie one! :D ) It by no means, is any match on the original, all credit goes to you, but it was good to personally address what the world is trying to distract us with at this moment, and re-focus on Him who is, and was, and is to come.

Keep getting the word out!

Joel Spencer said...

Five Peas: So glad to see that you've taken "Today" global! :)

It is truly an instance by instance choice that we have to make to set our minds on things above.

Blessings to you and yours!