Monday, August 28, 2006

Battles Unseen

There's not enough space in this blog site for me to write out all that God did in me this weekend at the OneThing conference in Atlanta. The initial idea to simply "go see Jason Upton Friday night" developed into an entire weekend of worship and revelation of who I am in Christ. Teachings that were dead–on with where I am right now and hours of deep levels of worship have truly changed me. I had been having a rough 10 days or so as I had been fighting with distractions and emotional distress. After a serious attack that manifested itself while driving along I–285 between sessions on Saturday, I realized that this was serious. I even vocalized that I couldn't do "this". I often feel that the call upon my life is so great that it's almost painful. In this instance, I had chosen to believe the lie that the battle was too tough to wage and the mountain too tall to scale.

Thankfully, it doesn’t end there. Via my wonderful wife, words of others and God's powerful touch, I was able to see what was going on in realms unseen. While down front at the end of a service, God took me to the scene at the Garden of Gethsemane when He was off praying and the disciples kept falling asleep. He told me that I had fallen asleep, even if but for a moment. He told me there's no time for rest, not time for sleep. "Awaken! Awaken!" He kept saying. I must stay alert and aware for the time is here to move, to live out the life that He has created me for. The road that God has called me to walk is a tough one. He has called me to remain in great depths of Him with no wavering or wandering. This path is amazingly narrow, but with my eyes set on Him, I will forge ahead with the confidence that He has ordered my every step that leads to His eternal glory.

No comments: