Monday, January 15, 2007

I've Been Arrested!



Yes, you read that correctly, I've been arrested. Or at least that's what I'm striving for. While I was working on a vehicle today, I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to pray for the owner. I was asked to pray that she would be "arrested" by God Himself. I found the definitions of arrested to be the following. To seize and hold under authority. To capture and hold; engage. Some synonyms that I found interesting are "to catch, capture, round up, seize and secure".

The owner of the car that I just referred to was mid tantrum when I walked into her office. Many "G D's, "J C's" and other expletives that would be more at home at your local dirt track than this business owners office, were being spewed forth for all ears to hear. I was overwhelmed with her visible need of God's grace. I've been praying that God would give me eyes to see and wisdom to know what to pray, for those that run across my path each day. The last thing that I want to do is simply offer prayers that were formed in my earthly mind. You see, I want to pray as the Spirit leads. Prayers that shake the heavens and bring those heavens down to earth. So, as I prayed that she be "arrested" by the God of the universe, I felt that I was doing just what I had asked. I was pleading for God to "seize" her; for Him to capture her heart where she was most in need of Him. I don't use her as an example because her cursing makes her any more in need of God's grace than me, but simply because she was who I just encountered this morning.

So to be arrested is my prayer, for myself and for each one of you that's reading this. May God arrest us. As I think about it, let's take it even further and willingly turn ourselves in and subject our entire selves to His plan, His ways and His perfect will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you scared me for a moment. I like the way you explained being arrested by christ.