Friday, May 24, 2024

THE Name

 

What if I told you that I had decided to call upon the Name of the Elohim (God) of Israel as “Allah” from now on? Would that be OK with you? I can, hypothetically of course, hear a resounding “No!!!!” from my Christian brothers and sisters.

Well, why is that? Ever since we started addressing the Almighty by Name - Yahweh – we’ve been told many reasons why that just doesn’t matter. “His Name is irrelevant. No one can really know what His Name is anyway. Everyone knows who ‘God’ really is.” And my two personal favorites – “He knows my heart” and “He knows Who I’m talking to.”

Now I’ve taught more formally on this topic for years, but I still find it so intriguing. How in the world have we arrived here? How have we forgotten the endless biblical instructions to “call upon His Name?” Well, it’s the same as the rest of the things that we have simply abandoned in our age of traditions.

The Word tells us that one must “call upon the Name to be saved.” We’re told to “proclaim His Name.” “We are to be baptized in His Name.” Revelation tells us that in the end of the age, His Name will be on the foreheads of His set apart ones. Perhaps one of the greatest biblical warnings that sums up where we’ve landed, in regards to the Name, is found throughout the Torah where we’re specifically told by Yahweh Himself, “do not profane My holy Name.” (Plainly stated, “don’t make It common” which is exactly what we have done.) Whenever I reflect back on my 40-plus years that I was in church, in a seat or on a stage speaking, I have no memory of any of us speaking about His Great Name – by Name – Yahweh.

As I’ve said in many videos over the last six years or so now, names are important. They reveal relationship. They demonstrate intimacy. Names are special. I felt compelled to touch on this again. It’s been a while. 


Consider this won’t you? Do you call upon the Name of Yahweh Elohim or is He just “God” to you? If not, consider stopping to ask why. 


HERE is the link to this article in audio form.


No comments: